Mar 9, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark as he takes a few days off. The Nationals face the Marlins today in Viera for the third time this spring. Starting for the Marlins are a few familiar names, but of course Giancarlo Stanton is missing. He is busy hitting would-be-game-changing balls to the warning track in the World Baseball Classic (I kid, I kid).
On the mound for Washington is Chris Young who threw 41 pitches in an intrasquad game earlier this week. Behind him will be about as full a lineup as the Nats will showcase this spring. You have just about everyone in place, plus Steve Lombardozzi hitting ninth.
The Nats scored ten runs against the Cardinals yesterday, we'll see if they can carry that production over.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Weather: Sunny, 70 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5