Mar 9, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark as he takes a few days off. The Nationals face the Marlins today in Viera for the third time this spring. Starting for the Marlins are a few familiar names, but of course Giancarlo Stanton is missing. He is busy hitting would-be-game-changing balls to the warning track in the World Baseball Classic (I kid, I kid).
On the mound for Washington is Chris Young who threw 41 pitches in an intrasquad game earlier this week. Behind him will be about as full a lineup as the Nats will showcase this spring. You have just about everyone in place, plus Steve Lombardozzi hitting ninth.
The Nats scored ten runs against the Cardinals yesterday, we'll see if they can carry that production over.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Weather: Sunny, 70 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago