Mar 9, 2013, 5:54 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark as he takes a few days off. The Nationals face the Marlins today in Viera for the third time this spring. Starting for the Marlins are a few familiar names, but of course Giancarlo Stanton is missing. He is busy hitting would-be-game-changing balls to the warning track in the World Baseball Classic (I kid, I kid).
On the mound for Washington is Chris Young who threw 41 pitches in an intrasquad game earlier this week. Behind him will be about as full a lineup as the Nats will showcase this spring. You have just about everyone in place, plus Steve Lombardozzi hitting ninth.
The Nats scored ten runs against the Cardinals yesterday, we'll see if they can carry that production over.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Weather: Sunny, 70 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'