Mar 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
It is Chase here once again as Mark is off today. The Nationals travel to Lakeland, FL to take on the Detroit Tigers at their spring home, Joker Marchant Stadium.
The defending American League champs will feature a few of their regulars, including Victor Martinez and Prince Fielder. Throwing to them will be Dan Haren who will be making his third start of the spring for the Nats.
Washington's lineup is without most of the expected starters, save for Bryce Harper. Some of the organization's top prospects are in there, however, including Anthony Rendon (at shortstop) and Matt Skole. With the exception of Chad Tracy, almost everyone playing today is among the team's youngest players.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Radio: Tigers' Radio WXYT
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 16 mph
RF Corey Brown
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader
- Nats miffed at Phillies over postponed game