Mar 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
It is Chase here once again as Mark is off today. The Nationals travel to Lakeland, FL to take on the Detroit Tigers at their spring home, Joker Marchant Stadium.
The defending American League champs will feature a few of their regulars, including Victor Martinez and Prince Fielder. Throwing to them will be Dan Haren who will be making his third start of the spring for the Nats.
Washington's lineup is without most of the expected starters, save for Bryce Harper. Some of the organization's top prospects are in there, however, including Anthony Rendon (at shortstop) and Matt Skole. With the exception of Chad Tracy, almost everyone playing today is among the team's youngest players.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Radio: Tigers' Radio WXYT
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 16 mph
RF Corey Brown
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B