Mar 13, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Mets today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Hello from Space Coast Stadium, which hasn't really changed at all since I was last here two weeks ago. It's a beautiful — if a tad chilly — afternoon as the Nationals face the Mets for roughly the 237th time this spring.
Davey Johnson has almost all of his regulars in the lineup. That includes Ryan Zimmerman, who is once again DH'ing. I talked to Zim this morning about his progression in the field, and he said everything remains on course for him to debut at third base on Monday. He's doing the full pregame routine now, and from what I saw this morning, he looks perfectly normal out there.
Jordan Zimmermann takes the ball for his fourth start of the spring, his first since a ragged outing against the Cardinals in which the right-hander was dealing with some "dead arm" issues. He hopes to put that behind him today.
There's another split-squad Nationals team playing in Kissimmee today against the Astros, with Ross Ohlendorf on the mound. This game's on the radio, and I'll have plenty of updates and analysis here all afternoon, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. NEW YORK METS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Radio: WHFS (1580 AM), MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 17 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position