Mar 13, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos caught five innings today and will start again tomorrow.
VIERA, Fla. — He's spent the entire spring crossing various tasks off his rehab checklist, from catching his first bullpen session to blocking pitches in the dirt to sliding into a base to squatting behind the plate in a game for the first time since he tore his ACL last May.
At this point, there are only two more tasks for Wilson Ramos to cross off his to-do list before the Nationals break camp and before he feels like he's back to 100 percent: Catching a full, nine-inning game and catching on back-to-back days.
Ramos will have to wait a bit longer before he's cleared to do the former, but he's getting a chance to do the latter right now. After starting today's exhibition game against the Mets and playing five innings, Ramos will be back in the Nationals' lineup tomorrow against the Astros.
Manager Davey Johnson informed Ramos of the plan this morning during batting practice, and the 25-year-old couldn't hide hisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats trending up after big week