Mar 13, 2013, 9:51 PM EST
Wilson Ramos caught five innings today and will start again tomorrow.
VIERA, Fla. — He's spent the entire spring crossing various tasks off his rehab checklist, from catching his first bullpen session to blocking pitches in the dirt to sliding into a base to squatting behind the plate in a game for the first time since he tore his ACL last May.
At this point, there are only two more tasks for Wilson Ramos to cross off his to-do list before the Nationals break camp and before he feels like he's back to 100 percent: Catching a full, nine-inning game and catching on back-to-back days.
Ramos will have to wait a bit longer before he's cleared to do the former, but he's getting a chance to do the latter right now. After starting today's exhibition game against the Mets and playing five innings, Ramos will be back in the Nationals' lineup tomorrow against the Astros.
Manager Davey Johnson informed Ramos of the plan this morning during batting practice, and the 25-year-old couldn't hide hisRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen