Mar 14, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper rounds the bases after homering in the first inning yesterday.
VIERA, Fla. — It appears all but a certainty now that the Nationals will open the season with Bryce Harper hitting third and Ryan Zimmerman sliding down into the cleanup role consistently for the first time in his career. And based on the way things have progressed here this spring, why wouldn't Davey Johnson want to go with that lineup arrangement?
Yes, we always have to issue the disclaimer about this only being spring training, and you should never read too much into spring training stats. OK, good, now that we have that out of the way, let's read too much into spring training stats!
Here are Harper and Zimmerman's current Grapefruit League batting lines…
Aside from the fact they're not drawing any walks at this point, it's hard not to like those numbers. Plain and simple, both Harper and Zimmerman have been raking at the plate all spring, and neitherRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins