Mar 15, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Dan Haren and the Nationals face the Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium.
JUPITER, Fla. — Hello from Roger Dean Stadium, where today the Nationals face those blasted Cardinals again. There are some familiar names playing for St. Louis today that will bring back some bad memories for Nats fans: Adam Wainwright, Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma are all manager Mike Matheny's lineup.
Dan Haren, meanwhile, starts for the Nationals against the franchise that originally drafted him. This will be Haren's fourth outing of the spring, and the veteran right-hander will look to continue the progress he's been making start to start. Not too many big names in the Nats lineup since most of the regulars played the last two days at home. But we will get another look at Micah Owings, whose grand slam yesterday was the latest display of power from the former pitcher.
Today's game is being televised by the Cardinals' broadcast crew and is available to subscribers on MLB.tv. Or, if you're really deranged, you can watch the tape delayed broadcast on MLB Network at the convenient time of 3 a.m. EDT. Better yet, you can check back here for updates throughout…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MLB.tv (live), MLB Network (delayed at 3 a.m.)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
C Kurt Suzuki
RF Tyler Moore
DH Chad Tracy
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals turn sloppy in loss to Kershaw, L.A.
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win