Mar 16, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg and Ryan Zimmerman each are in the Nats' lineup.
VIERA, Fla. — Let's see … Stephen Strasburg is on the mound. Ryan Zimmerman is at third base. The lineup is chock full of regulars. The game's on TV and will be played under the lights. Is it April at long last?
Sorry, it's still only March 16. But tonight's Grapefruit League game will be as close to a regular-season game as you're likely to see from the Nationals this spring. That includes Zimmerman in the field for the first time this spring. Look for him to be out at third base for about three or four innings, depending on how he feels and how quickly he can get two at-bats.
It also includes Strasburg both on the mound and at the plate. This is the first time this spring the Nats haven't used a DH, so the reigning NL Silver Slugger pitcher gets to take some hacks for the first time.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Astros radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes