Mar 17, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler and the Nats visit Joker Marchant Stadium today.
LAKELAND, Fla. — If Ross Detwiler thought he would've faced an imposing lineup in the World Baseball Classic, he might actually face a tougher test this afternoon at Joker Marchant Stadium. Check out the starting nine for the defending AL champion Tigers, who will boast a 1-through-5 of Austin Jackson, Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez. This will be no cakewalk for Detwiler.
Davey Johnson didn't bring nearly as many regulars to Lakeland, though his lineup isn't completely bereft of big names. Bryce Harper is here, as are Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Kurt Suzuki. And we'll once again get a chance to see Micah Owings take some hacks and continue his impressive first spring as a position player.
Plenty of updates and analysis to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Tigers radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
RF Tyler Moore
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success
- Bullpen holds after Strasburg's early exit, but Nats fall
- PHOTOS: RG3 attends Nationals-Marlins Tuesday
- Nationals preview adorable Pet Day calendar
- Nats are building momentum off of each win
- Still finding his groove, Werth gets night off