Mar 17, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler and the Nats visit Joker Marchant Stadium today.
LAKELAND, Fla. — If Ross Detwiler thought he would've faced an imposing lineup in the World Baseball Classic, he might actually face a tougher test this afternoon at Joker Marchant Stadium. Check out the starting nine for the defending AL champion Tigers, who will boast a 1-through-5 of Austin Jackson, Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez. This will be no cakewalk for Detwiler.
Davey Johnson didn't bring nearly as many regulars to Lakeland, though his lineup isn't completely bereft of big names. Bryce Harper is here, as are Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Kurt Suzuki. And we'll once again get a chance to see Micah Owings take some hacks and continue his impressive first spring as a position player.
Plenty of updates and analysis to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Tigers radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
RF Tyler Moore
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions