Mar 17, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler and the Nats visit Joker Marchant Stadium today.
LAKELAND, Fla. — If Ross Detwiler thought he would've faced an imposing lineup in the World Baseball Classic, he might actually face a tougher test this afternoon at Joker Marchant Stadium. Check out the starting nine for the defending AL champion Tigers, who will boast a 1-through-5 of Austin Jackson, Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez. This will be no cakewalk for Detwiler.
Davey Johnson didn't bring nearly as many regulars to Lakeland, though his lineup isn't completely bereft of big names. Bryce Harper is here, as are Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Kurt Suzuki. And we'll once again get a chance to see Micah Owings take some hacks and continue his impressive first spring as a position player.
Plenty of updates and analysis to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Tigers radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
RF Tyler Moore
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?