Mar 18, 2013, 4:48 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark as he tends to a family issue. Today the Nationals see the Detroit Tigers and their powerful lineup once again. This time it's Jordan Zimmermann on the mound to face reigning A.L. MVP Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, and Victor Martinez.
The Nats feature a lineup you could see many times this season with nearly everyone expected to play on Opening Day in the mix. After making their third round of cuts this morning, this should become the norm moving forward.
Zimmermann was solid last time out with just one earned run through 4 2/3 innings of work against the Mets. He'll look to keep that up and have the same success his teammate Ross Detwiler had against Detroit just yesterday.
The game is not on TV today unfortunately, but you can follow along on the radio. Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Tigers WXYT radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires