Mar 18, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark as he tends to a family issue. Today the Nationals see the Detroit Tigers and their powerful lineup once again. This time it's Jordan Zimmermann on the mound to face reigning A.L. MVP Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, and Victor Martinez.
The Nats feature a lineup you could see many times this season with nearly everyone expected to play on Opening Day in the mix. After making their third round of cuts this morning, this should become the norm moving forward.
Zimmermann was solid last time out with just one earned run through 4 2/3 innings of work against the Mets. He'll look to keep that up and have the same success his teammate Ross Detwiler had against Detroit just yesterday.
The game is not on TV today unfortunately, but you can follow along on the radio. Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: Tigers WXYT radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?