Mar 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Blessed with an overflow of catching talent, the Nationals are reportedly shopping veteran Chris Snyder to teams looking for backup help. Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reported the news on Twitter and classified it as "likely" he will be moved.
#Nationals catcher Chris Snyder drawing teams with interest in backup, including #Angels. Likely to be moved; Nats deep at position.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 17, 2013
Snyder signed with the Nats in early February, just a week before pitchers and catchers were set to report for 2013 camp. He flashed power early on with a two-run home run in his first spring at-bat, but has otherwise struggled in his eight games with the team. He holds a .222 average this spring with four total hits, a walk, and four strikeouts.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles
- Gonzalez, Werth make long-awaited spring debuts