Mar 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Blessed with an overflow of catching talent, the Nationals are reportedly shopping veteran Chris Snyder to teams looking for backup help. Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reported the news on Twitter and classified it as "likely" he will be moved.
#Nationals catcher Chris Snyder drawing teams with interest in backup, including #Angels. Likely to be moved; Nats deep at position.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 17, 2013
Snyder signed with the Nats in early February, just a week before pitchers and catchers were set to report for 2013 camp. He flashed power early on with a two-run home run in his first spring at-bat, but has otherwise struggled in his eight games with the team. He holds a .222 average this spring with four total hits, a walk, and four strikeouts.Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman