Mar 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Blessed with an overflow of catching talent, the Nationals are reportedly shopping veteran Chris Snyder to teams looking for backup help. Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reported the news on Twitter and classified it as "likely" he will be moved.
#Nationals catcher Chris Snyder drawing teams with interest in backup, including #Angels. Likely to be moved; Nats deep at position.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 17, 2013
Snyder signed with the Nats in early February, just a week before pitchers and catchers were set to report for 2013 camp. He flashed power early on with a two-run home run in his first spring at-bat, but has otherwise struggled in his eight games with the team. He holds a .222 average this spring with four total hits, a walk, and four strikeouts.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal