Mar 19, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Roger Bernadina went 3-for-22 with three RBI for the Netherlands in the WBC.
VIERA, Fla. — When last seen around these parts, Roger Bernadina was preparing to embark on an 8,000-mile trip from Florida to Taiwan, the first of many stops on the outfielder's World Baseball Classic journey with his Dutch teammates.
Nearly four weeks later, Bernadina is finally set to rejoin the Nationals, his long and winding WBC trek having taken him to Taiwan, Tokyo, Phoenix, San Francisco and now back to Viera at long last after the Netherlands was eliminated in the tournament's semifinal game last night.
Bernadina was right in the thick of the action for the surprise Netherlands team, which advanced out of pool play in Taiwan, then eliminated Cuba in the second round before finally falling to the powerhouse Dominican Republic team last night at AT&T park. Batting third and starting in center field for six of the Dutch's eight WBC games, Bernadina hit only .136 (3-for-22) but drove in three runs and played defensively to help his club advance as far as itRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away