Mar 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Utilityman Carlos Rivero is one of 33 players still in big-league camp.
Yesterday's round of cuts at Nationals camp brought the roster of players still in the big-league clubhouse down to a mere 33 with two weeks to go until Opening Day.
Davey Johnson said he plans to start using all his regulars now that they've hit the home stretch of spring training, and he wasn't kidding. With so few reserves around anymore, he has no choice but to play the starters.
We've outlined throughout camp how the Opening Day roster really has been set all along, with injuries or a true surprise the only developments capable of throwing a wrench into those plans. But there is still some mystery what will happen to the eight players who are still in big-league camp but are all but certain not to head north with the club next week.
So with the Nationals getting their third and final day off of the spring, let's take this opportunity to refresh everyone's memory. Here are the 33 players still in big-league camp, with some speculation about what might happen to the eight unfortunate souls who won't still be standing come Opening Day…Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game