Mar 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Utilityman Carlos Rivero is one of 33 players still in big-league camp.
Yesterday's round of cuts at Nationals camp brought the roster of players still in the big-league clubhouse down to a mere 33 with two weeks to go until Opening Day.
Davey Johnson said he plans to start using all his regulars now that they've hit the home stretch of spring training, and he wasn't kidding. With so few reserves around anymore, he has no choice but to play the starters.
We've outlined throughout camp how the Opening Day roster really has been set all along, with injuries or a true surprise the only developments capable of throwing a wrench into those plans. But there is still some mystery what will happen to the eight players who are still in big-league camp but are all but certain not to head north with the club next week.
So with the Nationals getting their third and final day off of the spring, let's take this opportunity to refresh everyone's memory. Here are the 33 players still in big-league camp, with some speculation about what might happen to the eight unfortunate souls who won't still be standing come Opening Day…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves