Mar 20, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Right-hander Chris Young tossed five scoreless innings against the Marlins.
JUPITER, Fla. — Chris Young knows he has a decision to make this weekend. And he knows what his choice will be, if presented with the opportunity to opt out of his minor-league contract with the Nationals and sign a major-league deal with another club.
"I do feel like I'm a big-league pitcher," the veteran right-hander said. "To turn down a big-league opportunity to go to Triple-A is probably not in my best interest. If I'm weighing Triple-A options, this would be at the top of my list. If I'm comparing a big-league opportunity to a Triple-A option, I think you guys would all do the same thing."
If Young was hoping to make a late push to convince another team he's good enough to start in the majors come April, he certainly picked an opportune time to do it this afternoon at Roger Dean Stadium. He tossed five scoreless innings against the Marlins,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies