Mar 20, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
JUPITER, Fla. — The Nationals have acquired left-hander Ian Krol, rated as the Athletics' 12th-best prospect entering the season, as the player to be named in January's three-team trade that sent Michael Morse to Seattle.
Krol, 21, joins right-handers A.J. Cole and Blake Treinin as players picked up in the Morse deal, giving the Nationals three pitching prospects in exchange for the slugging left fielder/first baseman. Catcher John Jaso also went from Seattle to Oakland in the trade.
A seventh-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Naperville, Ill., Krol was named the Athletics' minor-league pitcher of the year in 2010 after going 10-4 with a 2.80 ERA in 28 combined games between low-Class A Kane County and high-Class A Stockton. His stock has since fallen, though, after a forearm injury and a suspension for posting a homophobic slur on his Twitter account limited him toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion