Mar 20, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals face the Marlins today at Roger Dean Stadium.
JUPITER, Fla. — It's rare you'll find veterans the likes of Jayson Werth, Adam LaRoche and Ryan Zimmerman making the 1-hour, 45-minute trek from Viera to Jupiter, but today is indeed a rare day for the Nationals because the entire starting lineup is here to face the Marlins. With an off-day yesterday and with the countdown to Opening Day nearing its conclusion, Davey Johnson wants to give these guys as much playing time as possible, so they're all on the road for a change.
Chris Young will be on the mound, making what could be his final appearance in a Nationals uniform. The veteran right-hander, as surely you know by now, has an out-clause in his contract that he's allowed to enact on Sunday. A solid outing today might be enough to convince another club to offer Young a big-league job, and you'd have to think he'd take that opportunity. (You also have to wonder whether the Nats actually wouldn't mind a less-than-perfect start from him, perhaps making the possibility of keeping him at Syracuse more likely.)
No TV or radio today, but I'll have plenty of updates right here, so please check back often…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Weather: Partly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards