Mar 20, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Rafael Soriano is next scheduled to pitch on Friday.
JUPITER, Fla. — Nationals closer Rafael Soriano is dealing with a tooth issue that could delay his return to the mound, manager Davey Johnson said today.
Soriano is currently scheduled to appear Friday against the Tigers, but that outing could be pushed back if the right-hander needs a procedure to address what Johnson described as “a little infection” of the wisdom tooth.
“I think from the X-rays they saw, it could be a problem,” Johnson said prior to the Nationals’ game against the Marlins. “He could need to have a root canal or something, I don’t know, further examination from the X-ray. He hasn’t complained or anything, but that’s something you always look at.”
Soriano was in his native Dominican Republic yesterday (an off-day for the Nationals) dealing with a family issue, but he was scheduled to return to Viera today.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants