Mar 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg each are good bets to win postseason awards.
VIERA, Fla. — With spring training winding down and Opening Day fast approaching, we're starting to see a lot of predictions popping up all over the place. It's no surprise the Nationals are a popular pick to reach, or even win, the World Series, but they're also popular on an individual level.
Take, for example, the betting odds released yesterday by the gambling site Bovada for the major postseason awards.
Who's favored to win the NL Cy Young Award in 2013? Why, none other than Stephen Strasburg, who gets 11-to-2 odds (just ahead of Clayton Kershaw at 6-to-1). Gio Gonzalez is right behind those two with 10-to-1 odds (same as Cole Hamels). Jordan Zimmermann (25-to-1) and Rafael Soriano (50-to-1) also make the list.
Then take a look at the NL MVP race, where Bryce Harper (10-to-1) ranks third behind Joey Votto (15-to-2) and Ryan Braun (9-to-1). That's pretty impressive company for a 20-year-old who hasn'tRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion