Mar 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg each are good bets to win postseason awards.
VIERA, Fla. — With spring training winding down and Opening Day fast approaching, we're starting to see a lot of predictions popping up all over the place. It's no surprise the Nationals are a popular pick to reach, or even win, the World Series, but they're also popular on an individual level.
Take, for example, the betting odds released yesterday by the gambling site Bovada for the major postseason awards.
Who's favored to win the NL Cy Young Award in 2013? Why, none other than Stephen Strasburg, who gets 11-to-2 odds (just ahead of Clayton Kershaw at 6-to-1). Gio Gonzalez is right behind those two with 10-to-1 odds (same as Cole Hamels). Jordan Zimmermann (25-to-1) and Rafael Soriano (50-to-1) also make the list.
Then take a look at the NL MVP race, where Bryce Harper (10-to-1) ranks third behind Joey Votto (15-to-2) and Ryan Braun (9-to-1). That's pretty impressive company for a 20-year-old who hasn'tRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen