Mar 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Dan Haren leads the Nats into Disney's Wide World of Sports tonight.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The last time Dan Haren pitched, it wasn't a pretty sight. Plagued by what he could only assume was a "dead arm," the right-hander was flinging up fastballs in the mid-80s, well below his normal velocity. An obvious perturbed Haren vowed to be back to his usual self the next time he took the mound, and tonight we'll find out whether he truly was experiencing a one-time bump in the road or whether this is actual cause for concern.
Haren will be facing many, though not all, of the Braves' regulars. He'll have his full Nats starting lineup behind him, though, as Davey Johnson continues to crack the whip and puts his regulars out there for the second straight day. Look for Wilson Ramos to catch the full nine innings, the first time he's done that since he tore his ACL last May, the last real milestone for Ramos to cross in his return.
Tim Hudson, named Atlanta's Opening Day starter by manager Fredi Gonzalez, gets the nod tonight. And you're in luck, because the game will be televised on MLB Network (picking up the Braves' broadcast). Be sure to check back here for updates and analysis, of course…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EST
TV: MLB Network (Braves' broadcast)
Radio: Braves radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals