Mar 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Kimball, who was optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, impressed this spring, allowing two runs on only three hits over 6 1/3 innings. Nearly two months removed now from major shoulder surgery, he’s slated to open the season as Syracuse’s closer and would be among the first relievers considered for promotion should the Nationals need bullpen help.
Accardo was re-assigned to minor-league camp after allowing four earned runs on 13 hits over seven innings. The 31-year-old reliever has appeared in 262 big-league games over eight seasons with the Giants, Blue Jays, Orioles, Indians and Athletics.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup