Mar 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Kimball, who was optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, impressed this spring, allowing two runs on only three hits over 6 1/3 innings. Nearly two months removed now from major shoulder surgery, he’s slated to open the season as Syracuse’s closer and would be among the first relievers considered for promotion should the Nationals need bullpen help.
Accardo was re-assigned to minor-league camp after allowing four earned runs on 13 hits over seven innings. The 31-year-old reliever has appeared in 262 big-league games over eight seasons with the Giants, Blue Jays, Orioles, Indians and Athletics.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats set franchise record for futility with RISP
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston