Mar 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Kimball, who was optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, impressed this spring, allowing two runs on only three hits over 6 1/3 innings. Nearly two months removed now from major shoulder surgery, he’s slated to open the season as Syracuse’s closer and would be among the first relievers considered for promotion should the Nationals need bullpen help.
Accardo was re-assigned to minor-league camp after allowing four earned runs on 13 hits over seven innings. The 31-year-old reliever has appeared in 262 big-league games over eight seasons with the Giants, Blue Jays, Orioles, Indians and Athletics.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss