Mar 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Kimball, who was optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, impressed this spring, allowing two runs on only three hits over 6 1/3 innings. Nearly two months removed now from major shoulder surgery, he’s slated to open the season as Syracuse’s closer and would be among the first relievers considered for promotion should the Nationals need bullpen help.
Accardo was re-assigned to minor-league camp after allowing four earned runs on 13 hits over seven innings. The 31-year-old reliever has appeared in 262 big-league games over eight seasons with the Giants, Blue Jays, Orioles, Indians and Athletics.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order