Mar 22, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces the Tigers today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — If you happened to come down to Florida for spring training over the last few days, you certainly picked the right time to see the Nationals in person. Davey Johnson said he was going to play all his regulars this week, and he's been true to his word. Everyone is back in there again today, the third straight day he's gone with them. Guess we'll see how their legs hold up from the sudden increase in workload.
As an added treat, Stephen Strasburg is on the mound today to make his second-to-last start of the spring. Look for the right-hander to perhaps even reach the 100-pitch mark this afternoon, then dial things back next time out in advance of his Opening Day assignment against the Marlins.
If you aren't one of the fortunate folks who are here in person, you're still in luck because Bob and F.P. are here today and will have the game on TV back in D.C. And, of course, you can get all your updates and analysis right here throughout…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Weather: Partly cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?