Mar 24, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Rosenbaum, 25, was selected by the Rockies in December's Rule 5 draft and was making a bid to crack their Opening Day roster. He allowed four runs in eight innings of work this spring, but Colorado's late signing of veteran right-hander Jon Garland ate up the last available spot on the pitching staff and made Rosenbaum expendable.
Per Rule 5 regulations, the Rockies were required to pass Rosenbaum through waivers and then offer him back to the Nationals for $25,000 (one-half of the original cost to draft him). The Nationals elected to re-acquire him and plan to have him join the rotation at Class AAA Syracuse to begin the season.
A 22nd-round pick in 2009 out of Xavier University, RosenbaumRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series