Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Rodriguez met with Johnson yesterday and told his manager the elbow soreness he’d been feeling wasn’t a product of pitching, but rather stretching in the trainer’s room.
“It doesn’t bother him to throw, it just bothers him stretching,” Johnson said. “They do a lot of stuff in there when they’re stretching, so he’s sore. Every time I go in there, they stretch me and I’m sore. I computed that in, and he says he’s fine.”
After surgery last summer to remove bone chips from his right elbow, Rodriguez still lags behind the rest of the Nationals’ relief corps. He was held back early in camp but has ramped up his work recently and appeared in five games in nine days from March 14-22.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4