Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Rodriguez met with Johnson yesterday and told his manager the elbow soreness he’d been feeling wasn’t a product of pitching, but rather stretching in the trainer’s room.
“It doesn’t bother him to throw, it just bothers him stretching,” Johnson said. “They do a lot of stuff in there when they’re stretching, so he’s sore. Every time I go in there, they stretch me and I’m sore. I computed that in, and he says he’s fine.”
After surgery last summer to remove bone chips from his right elbow, Rodriguez still lags behind the rest of the Nationals’ relief corps. He was held back early in camp but has ramped up his work recently and appeared in five games in nine days from March 14-22.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman