Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM EST
Rodriguez met with Johnson yesterday and told his manager the elbow soreness he’d been feeling wasn’t a product of pitching, but rather stretching in the trainer’s room.
“It doesn’t bother him to throw, it just bothers him stretching,” Johnson said. “They do a lot of stuff in there when they’re stretching, so he’s sore. Every time I go in there, they stretch me and I’m sore. I computed that in, and he says he’s fine.”
After surgery last summer to remove bone chips from his right elbow, Rodriguez still lags behind the rest of the Nationals’ relief corps. He was held back early in camp but has ramped up his work recently and appeared in five games in nine days from March 14-22.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts