Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Rodriguez met with Johnson yesterday and told his manager the elbow soreness he’d been feeling wasn’t a product of pitching, but rather stretching in the trainer’s room.
“It doesn’t bother him to throw, it just bothers him stretching,” Johnson said. “They do a lot of stuff in there when they’re stretching, so he’s sore. Every time I go in there, they stretch me and I’m sore. I computed that in, and he says he’s fine.”
After surgery last summer to remove bone chips from his right elbow, Rodriguez still lags behind the rest of the Nationals’ relief corps. He was held back early in camp but has ramped up his work recently and appeared in five games in nine days from March 14-22.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: All tied up in the NL East
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard