Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Rodriguez met with Johnson yesterday and told his manager the elbow soreness he’d been feeling wasn’t a product of pitching, but rather stretching in the trainer’s room.
“It doesn’t bother him to throw, it just bothers him stretching,” Johnson said. “They do a lot of stuff in there when they’re stretching, so he’s sore. Every time I go in there, they stretch me and I’m sore. I computed that in, and he says he’s fine.”
After surgery last summer to remove bone chips from his right elbow, Rodriguez still lags behind the rest of the Nationals’ relief corps. He was held back early in camp but has ramped up his work recently and appeared in five games in nine days from March 14-22.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale