Mar 28, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
Manager Davey Johnson again was noncommittal when talking about the two relievers this morning before the Nationals' final game in Florida, saying only that Romero will come north with the club for tomorrow's exhibition game against the Yankees but leaving the door open where the left-hander will go from there.
"J.C. Romero is going to go with us to D.C.," Johnson said. "And barring anything — an injury or anything — he'll go from there to Syracuse."
That injury could be to Rodriguez, who is returning from elbow surgery and complained of soreness earlier this week. The right-hander is scheduled to pitch tomorrow against New York. If he emerges healthy, he will make the roster. If not, he would start the season on the disabled list and Romero would make the club.Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon