Mar 29, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here filling in for Mark. The Nationals are finally back home in Washington and ready to get the 2013 season started. But while they have returned from Florida, one more exhibition game stands in their way. In town are the Yankees with their injury-riddled roster and Andy Pettite on the mound. We'll see if Bryce Harper can finally get a hit off the New York lefty. He went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts against Pettite last season.
Davey Johnson said before the game that we should expect to learn of the final bullpen spot some time this evening. As for the Opening Day catcher, he will decide on Sunday. Wilson Ramos is starting today and coming off of a good week. If he has another great day at the plate it may help his cause.
Anyways, here are the lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. NEW YORK YANKEES
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 2:05 p.m. EST
Weather: Cloudy, 52 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires