Apr 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park is all decked out and ready to go for Opening Day.
All the talk, all the expectations all the outrageous predictions, they mean nothing anymore. At long last we don't have to speculate on how the Nationals will perform in 2013. We'll have actual, on-field evidence beginning at 1:05 p.m. when Stephen Strasburg fires the first pitch of the season to Juan Pierre.
If you're coming to the game today, be sure to get here early. Pregame ceremonies start at 12:10 p.m., and the unveiling of the NL East championship banner will take place at precisely 12:26:30 p.m. Plan accordingly.
Nothing left to say except the two greatest words in the English language: Play ball! Updates and analysis to come…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 15 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still finding his groove, Werth gets night off
- Strasburg tries to lead Nats to 4th straight win
- Roark passes another test with save against Marlins
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Around the NL East: Are the Mets falling back to earth?
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors