Apr 3, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's going to be a chilly night at Nationals Park.
If you're coming to Nationals Park tonight, be sure to bundle up. The forecast temperature at first pitch is 48 degrees, with a northwest wind, and it will drop into the 30s once the sun goes down. Might just feel a bit like October baseball, to be honest.
Gio Gonzalez certainly remembers what it's like to pitch in the cold, having been on the mound for Games 1 and 5 of the NLDS last fall. The Miami native, though, might have gotten used to sunshine over the last seven weeks, pitching in Florida both in the Grapefruit League and the World Baseball Classic.
Gonzalez will pair up with Kurt Suzuki behind the plate, as Davey Johnson begins his plan to alternate starting catchers. Otherwise, the rest of the Nationals' lineup is the same as it was on Monday, with this group looking to inflict some pain on Marlins right-hander Kevin Slowey.
Updates to come, so please check back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 48 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats