Apr 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler faces Mike Leake today at Great American Ball Park.
CINCINNATI — To a man, the Nationals all spoke last night about the need to "flush" away that 15-0 debacle of a ballgame and return anew this afternoon. The good news is that the quick turnaround didn't offer much time to rehash and analyze the most-lopsided loss in team history, so it wasn't hard to shift focus to Game 2 of the weekend series with the Reds.
Davey Johnson will, however, be without one of his big guys. Adam LaRoche has been dealing with a stiff back for a couple of days and had to come out of last night's game when the condition got worse. He's sitting today, and it sounds like there's a good chance he'll sit again tomorrow. (More details coming in a full post.) So Chad Tracy gets the start today at first base, slotting right into LaRoche's No. 5 hole. Davey did say he could use Tyler Moore later in the game if the Reds bring in a left-handed reliever.
Ross Detwiler, meanwhile, becomes the final member of the Nationals' rotation to debut this season, hoping to shut down this potent Cincinnati lineup that caused so much damage last night. The lefty does seem like a better matchup from Washington's standpoint, but we'll see if that actually holds true.
Updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game