Apr 6, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos high-fives Denard Span after homering in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: In the wake of the most-lopsided loss in club history, the Nationals looked like they were going to bounce back with an impressive performance to take Game 2 of this series between top NL contenders. Ross Detwiler tossed six strong innings, escaping a couple of jams along the way. Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Jayson Werth all homered to pace the offensive attack and open up a 5-1 lead that looked comfortable. But then disaster struck, if only temporarily. The Reds scored twice in the bottom of the eighth against Drew Storen, though he would've been out of the inning if not for a double-error by Ian Desmond and Harper, allowing one run to score and the tying run to advance to second base. Storen managed to wriggle his way out of it, though, striking out Xavier Paul to preserve the two-run lead. RafaelRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs