Apr 6, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos high-fives Denard Span after homering in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: In the wake of the most-lopsided loss in club history, the Nationals looked like they were going to bounce back with an impressive performance to take Game 2 of this series between top NL contenders. Ross Detwiler tossed six strong innings, escaping a couple of jams along the way. Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Jayson Werth all homered to pace the offensive attack and open up a 5-1 lead that looked comfortable. But then disaster struck, if only temporarily. The Reds scored twice in the bottom of the eighth against Drew Storen, though he would've been out of the inning if not for a double-error by Ian Desmond and Harper, allowing one run to score and the tying run to advance to second base. Storen managed to wriggle his way out of it, though, striking out Xavier Paul to preserve the two-run lead. RafaelRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate
- Nationals clinch NL East with victory in Atlanta
- How did Zimmerman fare in first game action in Viera?
- Nationals play for NL East title tonight in Atlanta
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination