Apr 6, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos high-fives Denard Span after homering in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: In the wake of the most-lopsided loss in club history, the Nationals looked like they were going to bounce back with an impressive performance to take Game 2 of this series between top NL contenders. Ross Detwiler tossed six strong innings, escaping a couple of jams along the way. Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Jayson Werth all homered to pace the offensive attack and open up a 5-1 lead that looked comfortable. But then disaster struck, if only temporarily. The Reds scored twice in the bottom of the eighth against Drew Storen, though he would've been out of the inning if not for a double-error by Ian Desmond and Harper, allowing one run to score and the tying run to advance to second base. Storen managed to wriggle his way out of it, though, striking out Xavier Paul to preserve the two-run lead. RafaelRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return