Apr 6, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos high-fives Denard Span after homering in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: In the wake of the most-lopsided loss in club history, the Nationals looked like they were going to bounce back with an impressive performance to take Game 2 of this series between top NL contenders. Ross Detwiler tossed six strong innings, escaping a couple of jams along the way. Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Jayson Werth all homered to pace the offensive attack and open up a 5-1 lead that looked comfortable. But then disaster struck, if only temporarily. The Reds scored twice in the bottom of the eighth against Drew Storen, though he would've been out of the inning if not for a double-error by Ian Desmond and Harper, allowing one run to score and the tying run to advance to second base. Storen managed to wriggle his way out of it, though, striking out Xavier Paul to preserve the two-run lead. RafaelRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September