Apr 6, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Wilson Ramos high-fives Denard Span after homering in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: In the wake of the most-lopsided loss in club history, the Nationals looked like they were going to bounce back with an impressive performance to take Game 2 of this series between top NL contenders. Ross Detwiler tossed six strong innings, escaping a couple of jams along the way. Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Jayson Werth all homered to pace the offensive attack and open up a 5-1 lead that looked comfortable. But then disaster struck, if only temporarily. The Reds scored twice in the bottom of the eighth against Drew Storen, though he would've been out of the inning if not for a double-error by Ian Desmond and Harper, allowing one run to score and the tying run to advance to second base. Storen managed to wriggle his way out of it, though, striking out Xavier Paul to preserve the two-run lead. RafaelRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Instant analysis: Nationals 8, Diamondbacks 1
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?
- LaRoche finally gets to savor first walk-off homer
- Nats beat Diamondbacks in third straight walk-off win
- Nationals keep streak alive vs. D-backs