Apr 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces Johnny Cueto in today's series finale.
CINCINNATI — This was billed as a big-time series when the Nationals arrived in town on Friday, and through two games it's certainly lived up to its reputation. The Reds steamrolled the Nats, 15-0, in Game 1. The Nationals won a wild, 7-6, 11-game yesterday. Now comes the decisive finale, with a big-time pitching matchup: Stephen Strasburg vs. Johnny Cueto.
"Two of the best teams in the National League, and we've got our aces going in the rubber match of the series," right fielder Jayson Werth said. "This is what it's all about. This is why you play. This is why people pay to see us play."
The latest Adam LaRoche update: He's out of the lineup again, but he said he woke up this morning feeling "a lot better." He was thinking about trying to convince Davey Johnson to let him play today, but at worst he fully expects to be in the lineup Tuesday against the White Sox.
Full story on LaRoche's status coming up, and plenty of updates and analysis on the game right here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv (free today)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 66 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A