Apr 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces Johnny Cueto in today's series finale.
CINCINNATI — This was billed as a big-time series when the Nationals arrived in town on Friday, and through two games it's certainly lived up to its reputation. The Reds steamrolled the Nats, 15-0, in Game 1. The Nationals won a wild, 7-6, 11-game yesterday. Now comes the decisive finale, with a big-time pitching matchup: Stephen Strasburg vs. Johnny Cueto.
"Two of the best teams in the National League, and we've got our aces going in the rubber match of the series," right fielder Jayson Werth said. "This is what it's all about. This is why you play. This is why people pay to see us play."
The latest Adam LaRoche update: He's out of the lineup again, but he said he woke up this morning feeling "a lot better." He was thinking about trying to convince Davey Johnson to let him play today, but at worst he fully expects to be in the lineup Tuesday against the White Sox.
Full story on LaRoche's status coming up, and plenty of updates and analysis on the game right here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv (free today)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 66 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?