Apr 7, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
CINCINNATI — Though he's being held out of the Nationals' lineup for the second straight day, Adam LaRoche said his injured back is feeling "a lot better" and that he fully expects to play Tuesday when the Nats return home to face the White Sox.
"I would sure hope so," the veteran first baseman said. "I'll just keep doing the same thing. Something's been working."
LaRoche has been dealing with back pain since Wednesday night, when he played all nine innings on a 45-degree night in Washington. The condition worsened after the club arrived in Cincinnati for this weekend series, to the point where he had to come out of Friday night's game in the seventh inning.
After receiving treatment and getting a good night's sleep, LaRoche's condition is noticeably improved today.
"I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up," he said. "At some point in the middle of the night, it finally released. Now it's back to being just sore, instead of locked up to where I couldn't even tie my shoes. Man, that was good. I got out of bed fully expecting to fallRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)