Apr 9, 2013, 7:21 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park plays host to the White Sox starting tonight.
Who's ready for some early-April interleague play, baby! Yes, it's April 9 and the White Sox are in town for a three-game set between Barack Obama's former hometown team and his current hometown team. (The Prez made a surprise appearance here three years ago for the Sox's last appearance, but no evidence yet to suggest he'll make a cameo tonight.)
Adam Dunn, on the other hand, is here, his first trip to D.C. since his final game with the Nationals in 2010. Remember all those "Sign Adam Dunn!" chants? Feels like a long time ago, huh? The big guy won't be in Chicago's lineup for the opener, since there's no DH in the NL park and the Nats are sending left-hander Gio Gonzalez to the mound. Sounds like Dunn will start at least one of the next two games, though, at which point I expect him to get a nice ovation from the crowd.
The guy who replaced Dunn at first base here in Washington, Adam LaRoche, is back in the lineup after missing two games with a stiff back. LaRoche is still looking for his first hit of the season, having gone 0-for-13 before the back injury started acting up.
Updates to come…
CHICAGO WHITE SOX at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East