Apr 9, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
The realignment of the Astros to the American League this year had one significant domino effect on the rest of baseball: Because there are now 15 teams in each league, interleague play is necessary throughout the entire season.
Back in the "good ole days" of interleague play, games between the two leagues were confined to a couple of days in May and a two-week stretch in June. Now, though, you had a season-opening series between the Angels and Reds (not exactly longstanding rivals) followed by a weekend series between the Royals and Phillies.
And next up, this newfangled new twist comes to Washington, with the White Sox in town to face the Nationals the next three nights.
No, the Nats haven't yet faced three of their four division rivals. But they will face a team from the AL Central during the second week of April.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup