Apr 11, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Dan Haren makes his first home start at Nationals Park tonight.
First impressions are important, and Dan Haren's first impression as a member of the Nationals rotation was not a good one. The veteran right-hander was torched for six runs in four innings Friday night in Cincinnati, serving up four homers in the process. Not the way he wanted to begin his Nats career.
Tonight, Haren gets a second chance to make a first impression, this time in his home debut (not to mention a much friendlier ballpark). Not that a start on April 10 is going to have much bearing on the future, but the last thing Haren wants right now is to raise even more questions about his status and whether the Nats made a mistake at all handing him $13 million over the winter.
The Nationals' lineup, which has been red-hot since returning home earlier this week, should provide some support for Haren. That group will go up against Dylan Axelrod, a 27-year-old right-hander making his 12th career start.
I'll have early-game updates here, but then I have to head to Bethesda for tonight's live episode of "The Baseball Show" at 11 p.m., so Chase Hughes will be taking over mid-game…
CHICAGO WHITE SOX at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 14 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation