Apr 11, 2013, 1:56 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Ian Desmond had two doubles and a triple to pace the Nationals' lineup.
Game in a nutshell: The umpires — and plenty of fans — were late arriving at the ballpark thanks to bad traffic, but don't worry. They got there in time to see the mid-game fireworks display from the Nationals' lineup. Bryce Harper launched his fourth homer of the season to lead off the bottom of the fourth, igniting an offense that would go on score five times between the fourth and sixth innings. Jordan Zimmermann gave up one early run and another late but was otherwise effective and efficient during a seven-inning, quality start. Drew Storen and Rafael Soriano then closed out a comfortable victory, not giving the White Sox a sniff of a comeback they way they did last night.
Hitting highlight: Stymied through the first couple of innings by Gavin Floyd, the Nationals started to make a dent in the ChicagoRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win