Apr 14, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Today the Nats will try and avoid being swept for the first time this season.
The Nationals have found themselves on the wrong end of two close games so far in their first series with the Braves. They hope to avoid the sweep on Sunday with Gio Gonzalez pitching, Gonzalez holds a 0.82 ERA through his first two games. The Nats will go up against lefty Paul Maholm who has yet to allow a run in 12 2/3 innings this season.
There are no surprises with the Nationals lineup, Kurt Suzuki is in at catcher. The team called up Jhonatan Solano this morning so look for him in the dugout.
Updates to come…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM)
Weather: Sunny, 63 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals