Apr 16, 2013, 1:38 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jordan Zimmermann dominated the Marlins to improve to 3-0 this season.
Game in a nutshell: Honoring the victims of today's attack in Boston with a moment of silence before first pitch and honoring Jackie Robinson by having everybody in uniform wear No. 42 for the night, the Nationals and Marlins played tonight what in the grand scheme certainly felt like an insignificant ballgame. But play they did, and the Nationals used the opportunity to take out their frustrations from a weekend sweep at the hands of the Braves. They jumped all over Wade LeBlanc, scoring four runs in the first, two more in the third, two more in the fourth and another two in the fifth to open up a 10-0 lead. That was far more support than Jordan Zimmermann needed. The right-hander cruised early on and was given the opportunity by Davey Johnson to go the distance for the first time in his career. He wound up with his first complete-game victory in the big leagues, dispatching the Marlins on 103 pitches.
Hitting highlight: It hasn't been a banner couple of weeks for Ryan Zimmerman, who in addition to committing three errors in the field entered this game with a .220 batting average and zero homers.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today