Apr 17, 2013, 7:43 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler starts the rubber game tonight at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — Is this a must-win game for the Nationals? Not really. There's no such thing as a must-win game on April 17. But let's just say a win tonight against the Marlins would be very good for the Nats' psyche heading into a weekend series in New York.
Ross Detwiler gets the start, looking to continue his stellar performances from his first two outings this year (and perhaps actually be rewarded with the win this time). Ricky Nolasco, whom the Nationals beat on Opening Day in D.C., makes his fourth start of the year for Miami.
The lineup hasn't been posted yet, but Davey Johnson was hoping to have both Bryce Harper and Denard Span back after each missed last night's game with flu-like symptoms. The chances of Danny Espinosa returning from a bruised right hand seemed less likely.
[UPDATE AT 5:15 P.M.] — Harper is back in the lineup, but Span and Espinosa remain out. Span said he's feeling much better today, but he's still recovering from a long night dealing with the flu. Espinosa, meanwhile, is "50/50" to play on Friday, according to Johnson.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 186
RF Jayson Werth
2B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?