Apr 17, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler starts the rubber game tonight at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — Is this a must-win game for the Nationals? Not really. There's no such thing as a must-win game on April 17. But let's just say a win tonight against the Marlins would be very good for the Nats' psyche heading into a weekend series in New York.
Ross Detwiler gets the start, looking to continue his stellar performances from his first two outings this year (and perhaps actually be rewarded with the win this time). Ricky Nolasco, whom the Nationals beat on Opening Day in D.C., makes his fourth start of the year for Miami.
The lineup hasn't been posted yet, but Davey Johnson was hoping to have both Bryce Harper and Denard Span back after each missed last night's game with flu-like symptoms. The chances of Danny Espinosa returning from a bruised right hand seemed less likely.
[UPDATE AT 5:15 P.M.] — Harper is back in the lineup, but Span and Espinosa remain out. Span said he's feeling much better today, but he's still recovering from a long night dealing with the flu. Espinosa, meanwhile, is "50/50" to play on Friday, according to Johnson.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 186
RF Jayson Werth
2B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September