Apr 19, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Citi Field hosts Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals tonight.
With several players either under the weather or banged up, the Nationals were hoping a day off would get everyone back to 100 percent. That wasn't, however, the case. Though both Bryce Harper and Denard Span are feeling better after battling the flu and will start tonight's series opener against the Mets, Danny Espinosa (hand) and Ryan Zimmerman (hamstring) will not.
The Nats would like to have every available batter in their lineup against Mets rookie Matt Harvey, who has allowed only six total hits in 22 innings this season. Yes, six hits in 22 innings. This kid looks special. Stephen Strasburg, of course, is special in his own right, and tonight he'll look to outduel his fellow 24-year-old right-hander.
I'm not in New York for this series, but please keep up the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 20 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend