Apr 19, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Citi Field hosts Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals tonight.
With several players either under the weather or banged up, the Nationals were hoping a day off would get everyone back to 100 percent. That wasn't, however, the case. Though both Bryce Harper and Denard Span are feeling better after battling the flu and will start tonight's series opener against the Mets, Danny Espinosa (hand) and Ryan Zimmerman (hamstring) will not.
The Nats would like to have every available batter in their lineup against Mets rookie Matt Harvey, who has allowed only six total hits in 22 innings this season. Yes, six hits in 22 innings. This kid looks special. Stephen Strasburg, of course, is special in his own right, and tonight he'll look to outduel his fellow 24-year-old right-hander.
I'm not in New York for this series, but please keep up the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 20 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?