Apr 19, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Citi Field hosts Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals tonight.
With several players either under the weather or banged up, the Nationals were hoping a day off would get everyone back to 100 percent. That wasn't, however, the case. Though both Bryce Harper and Denard Span are feeling better after battling the flu and will start tonight's series opener against the Mets, Danny Espinosa (hand) and Ryan Zimmerman (hamstring) will not.
The Nats would like to have every available batter in their lineup against Mets rookie Matt Harvey, who has allowed only six total hits in 22 innings this season. Yes, six hits in 22 innings. This kid looks special. Stephen Strasburg, of course, is special in his own right, and tonight he'll look to outduel his fellow 24-year-old right-hander.
I'm not in New York for this series, but please keep up the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 20 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?