Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
The Braves top our MLB rankings this week.
By Steve Roney
With the season fully underway, it's time to take stock of where all 30 major league teams are. These rankings, as with any power rankings, reflect how the league shakes out right now. With only about 15 games under each team's belt, there's only so much certainty right now. Here's how Mark Zuckerman, Chase Hughes and I see the league stacking up (Note: All stats are through Thursday)…
1. Atlanta Braves – Justin Upton is getting all the attention, but the pitching staff has been brilliant. (MZ)
2. Oakland Athletics – The A's have proven convincingly that last season was no fluke, riding strong pitching to one of the best starts of any team. Once Josh Reddick gets going, watch out. (CH)
3. Detroit Tigers – This is a team that will live and die with strikeouts — Tiger hitters whiff almost as often as theirRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span