Apr 20, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Today it's an afternoon game on FOX with Gio looking to even the series.
The Nats took a tough loss last night in New York, their fifth in the last seven games. Injuries have caused Davey Johnson to use different lineups over the last few games, but today he will at least get back Danny Espinosa. Espinosa is in the lineup batting seventh after missing the last four games due to a sore right wrist.
Ryan Zimmerman is out once again with reports saying he needed an MRI on his injured hamstring. In his place will be Chad Tracy at third base, making the start for the second straight day.
The Nationals will try for their tenth win of the season with Gio Gonzalez on the mound. Gonzalez went 3-1 last season vs. the Mets with a 3.27 ERA after allowing eight earned runs in 22 innings pitched. For New York, 27 year old Jeremy Hefner (0-2, 7.20 ERA) will take the ball.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 3:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 57 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series