Apr 20, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Today it's an afternoon game on FOX with Gio looking to even the series.
The Nats took a tough loss last night in New York, their fifth in the last seven games. Injuries have caused Davey Johnson to use different lineups over the last few games, but today he will at least get back Danny Espinosa. Espinosa is in the lineup batting seventh after missing the last four games due to a sore right wrist.
Ryan Zimmerman is out once again with reports saying he needed an MRI on his injured hamstring. In his place will be Chad Tracy at third base, making the start for the second straight day.
The Nationals will try for their tenth win of the season with Gio Gonzalez on the mound. Gonzalez went 3-1 last season vs. the Mets with a 3.27 ERA after allowing eight earned runs in 22 innings pitched. For New York, 27 year old Jeremy Hefner (0-2, 7.20 ERA) will take the ball.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 3:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 57 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?