Apr 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On this week's episode of The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob, and Jim Duquette debated who the Nationals' best starting pitcher is so far this season. It seems like a timely topic after Stephen Strasburg's rocky outing last night in New York.
Most agree Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez are among the best in the majors, but what about Jordan Zimmermann and Ross Detwiler? Through two weeks the case could be made for any of the four as the best on the staff. Detwiler is the hot pitcher at the moment and Zimmermann is off to another good start after three consistent outings (3-0, 2.45 ERA).
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?
- Denard Span supports fired Nationals coach on Twitter