Apr 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
On this week's episode of The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob, and Jim Duquette debated who the Nationals' best starting pitcher is so far this season. It seems like a timely topic after Stephen Strasburg's rocky outing last night in New York.
Most agree Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez are among the best in the majors, but what about Jordan Zimmermann and Ross Detwiler? Through two weeks the case could be made for any of the four as the best on the staff. Detwiler is the hot pitcher at the moment and Zimmermann is off to another good start after three consistent outings (3-0, 2.45 ERA).
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring