Apr 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
On this week's episode of The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob, and Jim Duquette debated who the Nationals' best starting pitcher is so far this season. It seems like a timely topic after Stephen Strasburg's rocky outing last night in New York.
Most agree Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez are among the best in the majors, but what about Jordan Zimmermann and Ross Detwiler? Through two weeks the case could be made for any of the four as the best on the staff. Detwiler is the hot pitcher at the moment and Zimmermann is off to another good start after three consistent outings (3-0, 2.45 ERA).
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond