Apr 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On this week's episode of The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob, and Jim Duquette debated who the Nationals' best starting pitcher is so far this season. It seems like a timely topic after Stephen Strasburg's rocky outing last night in New York.
Most agree Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez are among the best in the majors, but what about Jordan Zimmermann and Ross Detwiler? Through two weeks the case could be made for any of the four as the best on the staff. Detwiler is the hot pitcher at the moment and Zimmermann is off to another good start after three consistent outings (3-0, 2.45 ERA).
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets