Apr 21, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
|Zimmermann gets his turn against the Mets. (Photo by USA Today)|
The Nationals got the win yesterday to even up the series against the Mets, but they did it despite a rough start by Gio Gonzalez. After Stephen Strasburg's forgettable outing on Friday and Gio's long Saturday afternoon, Washington will hope for something better out of Jordan Zimmermann in the series finale.
Zimmermann has already earned three wins on the season after allowing just six earned runs through his first 22 innings pitched. He has 11 career starts against New York with a 3.00 ERA across 60 innings. Last season against the Mets he went 1-0 with a 1.96 ERA, 0.957 WHIP, and 21 strikeouts.
Facing the Nationals' lineup will be right-hander Dillon Gee (0-3, 8.36 ERA) who has traditionally fared well against Washington. In six career starts vs. the Nats he is 3-1 with a 3.36 ERA.
The Nationals will look a little bit different with the addition of top prospect Anthony Rendon to the roster. He was called up on Saturday to replace Ryan Zimmerman who heads to the disabled list. We'll see what the kid has in store for his major league debut.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 57 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game