Apr 21, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
|Zimmermann gets his turn against the Mets. (Photo by USA Today)|
The Nationals got the win yesterday to even up the series against the Mets, but they did it despite a rough start by Gio Gonzalez. After Stephen Strasburg's forgettable outing on Friday and Gio's long Saturday afternoon, Washington will hope for something better out of Jordan Zimmermann in the series finale.
Zimmermann has already earned three wins on the season after allowing just six earned runs through his first 22 innings pitched. He has 11 career starts against New York with a 3.00 ERA across 60 innings. Last season against the Mets he went 1-0 with a 1.96 ERA, 0.957 WHIP, and 21 strikeouts.
Facing the Nationals' lineup will be right-hander Dillon Gee (0-3, 8.36 ERA) who has traditionally fared well against Washington. In six career starts vs. the Nats he is 3-1 with a 3.36 ERA.
The Nationals will look a little bit different with the addition of top prospect Anthony Rendon to the roster. He was called up on Saturday to replace Ryan Zimmerman who heads to the disabled list. We'll see what the kid has in store for his major league debut.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 57 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again
- Harper, Williams ejected vs. Yankees on Wednesday night