Game 23: Reds at Nats

Apr 26, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann tries to lead the Nats to a second straight win over the Reds.

Both Davey Johnson and Mike Rizzo have said — and re-iterated yesterday — that Anthony Rendon needs to play every day, whether in the big leagues or the minor leagues. Well, after last night's new-look lineup produced eight runs, Davey Johnson wasn't about to make another change.

So Steve Lombardozzi stays at third base, and Danny Espinosa (who homered and doubled on his birthday) stays at second base. That leaves Rendon on the bench for the second straight night, not an ideal scenario for the top prospect.

Jordan Zimmermann gets the start, hoping to take a cue from Gio Gonzalez last night and attack this potent Cincinnati lineup, record some quick outs and pitch deep into the night. He'll be opposed by fellow right-hander Homer Bailey, who shut out the Nationals over six innings three weeks ago.

Updates to come…

CINCINNATI REDS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF

CF Denard Span
3B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth

1. MicheleS - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

GO JORDAN! GYFNG!!!I will be there in person tonight (and thus in Cell Phone Purgatory).. soo WHEN something good happens, umm.. you know what to do.

2. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Is there a LHP coming up soon with the Reds? If so, that might be when Rendon drops back in? (Just guessing…)

3. sjm308 - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

You certainly can understand how Davey would want to continue to play the lineup that scored 8 runs. I realize Lombo did not contribute to that but he did nothing in the field to be benched. If the win 2 in a row I think Rendon continues to sit no matter who is pitching.

4. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Wasn't planning to go tonight but there is a power outage at my studio. So I'll get in line for a walk-up or get a tic from a one of the guys on Half Street. I take my little wifi hotspot with me. It works, but honestly, I get too wrapped up in the game to post very much.

5. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Cingrani (Sunday) is a lefty and a rookie. Hate to think Rendon sits on the bench until then. I might not have time to write him up as I have a busy schedule this weekend.http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=571561#gameType='R'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2013&level='ALL'

6. SonnyG10 - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Getting ready to leave for the game now. GYFNG!!!

7. Steady Eddie - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Wonk — Well, Leake is a righty but Cingrani on Sunday is a southpaw. So I hope that Tyler Moore gets a start, er, ALR gets a much-needed rest for his back.After last night on top of everything before, would have been nice to see TMo at first tonight.

8. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, Eddie — it'd be nice to see both Rendon and TyMo starting on Sunday.

9. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Izturis batting second for the Reds? Weird. No strong track record against Zimm, worse against right-handed starters than lefties. Reds fans must be displeased.

10. jeffwx - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

And my apologies to DC Wonk, LD and others who I argued with regarding the value of Danny Espinosa. I was too quick to judgement. It seems like the rotator cuff is not bothering him. However, I would still consider platooning him with Lombo, and sitting him more against RHP who have had his number.

11. NatsNutty - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Hey NatsLady. Can you really trust those guys on Half Street to sell you a legit ticket? I've heard a lot of bad stuff about those guys, and with all the police presence on Half Street, maybe the cops know more about those guys than we do. Just saying.

12. Rabbit34 - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Hey, Rendon may not be on the bench for long. I look at last nights win as a fluke, just like last season. Come on Nats. Prove me wrong!!!!

13. NatsJack in Florida - Apr 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Cingrani is left handed and you will see Rendon and Moore against him.

14. jeffwx - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

And for LaRoche,He's a .200 hitter in April but jumps to .300 by July…so I think he will come around real soon.

15. JD - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I would be surprised if Rendon is not headed back to the minors in the next few days. At the latest he returns on May 3rd when Zim comes back. I like Peric's idea of sending him to AAA instead of AA because this will give him a chance to face veteran pitching. I think that the next time Rendon comes up it will be for good.

16. jeffwx - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Try stubhub for tix too.

17. Dave - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Looking forward to seeing the offense support Jordan tonight. I would not at all mind seeing another 6-8 runs scored tonight.GYFNG!

18. JD - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

NatsJack, You may be right but I don't think it's good for Rendon's development to play once every 3 or 4 days and to face leftys only.

19. jeffwx - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I love the sections at 300 level behind or near home plate.Some good tix to be had on fore-mentioned site

20. JD - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

It would also be good to give Bernie a few starts here and there.

21. Janus - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Oh no, I guess they're just gonna bunt to Lombo all night just like last night, oh wait…

22. NatsNutty - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I agree with you about 300 level seats. My season tickets are in 310 and have been there for years. I just don't trust those guys hawking tix on Half Street. And if the Nats want to host an All Star game, they will have to clean up Half Street, first, and get rid of all the cops and scalpers, methinks! Bad for the "scenery."

23. NatsJack in Florida - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I agree that Anthony should be in the line up till sent down. And he will ger sent down barring injuries.

24. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM

NatsNutty, I've only bought a ticket from them twice (and sold to them once), but never had a problem. It's more than you would pay at the box office, of course, but convenient.

25. Theophilus T. S. - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Izturis in the starting lineup for any team, against anybody, is a mystery. Xavier Paul? Corky Miller? Looks like Baker handed in one of his ST lineup cards by mistake.

26. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I've never bought from Stubhub and am not familiar with how to do that. I'll take my chances at the box office.

27. NatsNutty - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Thanks, NatsLady. I think I'll stick with the box office, too.

28. Doc - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

NatsLady, are you still gong for 16 & 11 for April.Bit of a stretch, but I am!

29. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Doc, sure why not. 5 more games, win 'em all.Mark DeRose is on TV talkingabout the Jays' struggles. Gotta run. Later, peeps.

30. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Eh, Miller and Paul I understand – the former's a back-up catcher, and Paul's a left-hander and hitting pretty well this season so far (in an extremely small sample size). Both are probably partly DL-related moves. But Izturis…confusing.Of course, since I'm saying this it'll probably work.

31. Eric - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

stubhub is easy and sanctioned…certainly less likely to get ripped off going that route than buying from street dudes. Of course, I've only been burned by scalpers at GD shows, so…

32. Section 222 - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

JD, have we heard for sure that Zim will be back May 3, or is that just the first day he's eligible to return? Anyone have any intell on that?I'm guessing Rendon gets a few more shots, but we'll see. Remember that TyMo was lousy in his first callup last year(he came up around the same time as Harper), then went back down, and when he returned, the switch had flipped.

33. Section 222 - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I used to sell my unused tickets to the street guys (before StubHub). You see the same faces out there all the time. I think the vast majority are honest. They wouldn't last long if they were selling counterfeit tix. But StubHub has some great deals. Seats in the Infield Gallery are available for the next 15 minutes for $15. Worth setting up an account if you don't have one.

34. natsfan1a - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Go, Jordan! Go, NATS!!

35. JD - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Sec222, 1st day eligible. I'm just optimistic I guess. I read that he started running and is only a few days behind Ramos who is catching 3 innings in Harrisburg tonight and should join the Nats in Atlanta on Monday.

36. Section 222 - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

From your lips to the baseball gods ears JD. I don't think the Nats have a chance to do what we hope their going to do this year without a healthy Zim.

37. Manassas Nats' Fan - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Will be hard to beat my excellent prediction of yesterday, but after reviewing the crystal ball here is tonight's prediction.Nats 5 Reds 2.Jordan Zimmerman 7 IP 2 ER 6 hits 3 BB and 4 K.Harper an RBI (only RBI that appeared in the crystal ball, though I am sure others are there).

38. Alphabet Soup Erik - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

"I don't bring a young guy up to sit him on the bench." -Davey "people think I am a great manager because of Bill Buckner" Johnson

39. natsfan1a - Apr 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I used StubHub for a p-po-[deep breath]postseason [exhale]game and had no problems – well, other than a case of sticker shock, but that's probably not an issue in the regular season.

40. Theophilus T. S. - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Got a bloc of tickets (7) along the RF foul line thru Stub-Hub in Sept. last year for under list price. I think someone was sitting on a bloc of ten or so tickets and was thankful for any kind of return. Maybe that's the message: Buy in bulk.

41. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Rabbit34 said…I look at last nights win as a fluke, just like last season100 flukes last season?

42. Rabbit34 - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Zimm won't need a lot of runs. BUT HE WILL NEED RUNS! Come on you Nats. Try to get some semblance of a team together!

43. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Re: stubhub — an awesome service. In fact, it's the only way I purchase Nats tix now, and I always get the tix below face value, and I always get tix in the 300 section behind home plate. Sometimes I purchase only two tix (usually four). One can search on tix section by section by simply holding the mouse over the section — a much better system than nationals.comMy best score (albeit in the 400 section, but it was behind home plate — was the morning of Game 4 last year. We had gone to Game 3 (and paid way too much). On the way into work the next morning, we heard on WTOP that there were some cheap tix on StubHub for Game 4. So, I got on-line ASAP, and got two tix, around $23 each (including all fees!). (Anybody remember how much 400-level-infield tix were in playoffs? At least two or three times that, no?)Anyway, NatsLady (and everybody else), I heartily recommend StubHub for your future games!

44. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Davey "people think I am a great manager because of Bill Buckner" JohnsonNahh, it's more like, Davey "people think I'm a great manager because I've finished in 1st or 2nd almost every year, with five different teams, and won manager of the year twice, and learned from Earl Weaver, etc etc etc." Johnson.But, probably "Mr. Davey soon-to-be-Hall-of-Famer Johnson" to you.(You do know that the '86 Mets won 108 games, plus a playoffs, plus 2 WS games before that Buckner play, right?)

45. Sec. 3, My Rocking Fire Sofa - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM

46. Dave - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Last year I used RCR points to get a couple of tix in the Diamond Club for the "throwback" game against the Giants. Loved the luxury of the Diamond Club. We chatted with a guy at the bar who mentioned that he got his $175.00 tickets through StubHub for about $120. So this year I tried that. I picked a midweek, low-demand game (Thursday versus the Rockies) and got two great Diamond Club seats for $99.50 each. List price is, I think, $170.00. (After I eat all that buffet food, I'm probably getting a home-plate field-level seat for about $45-50.)So I'm now a big fan of StubHub. The nice thing from a buyer's point of view is that all fees are included, as Wonk mentioned. No add-ons at all: the price you see is the price you pay.

47. Dave - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Manassas, I like your prediction. If you nail it tonight, then you will be a quasi-official oracle.

48. Candide - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I found SeatGeeks.com a couple of weeks ago, and when Cunegonde called me this am to suggest we go tonight (I've done stupid things in my life, but marrying her wasn't one of them…), I went there to find our tix. SeatGeek is kinda like the kayak.com for tickets – it scans a whole bunch of different vendors, including Stubhub, and rates the offerings from "amazing" to "awful." I found a good deal for two seats in 116 for $86 total, including all the extra fees. Strongly recommended.

49. Manassas Nats' Fan - Apr 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Dave last night's prediction even scared me how close it was to the actual score. Of course I go for a 162-0 recored every year.

50. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Fun article looking at the players who disproportionately kill the pitching of certain teams – for the Nationals they took into account the old Expos days, so the only current players on the list are Vernon Wells and Adam Jones.

51. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

got here so early, no line at the box office. am now eating cincinnati chili.

52. Manassas Nats' Fan - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Could we call it Nats chili this series please?

53. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

They only serve it when the Reds are in town, no idea how authentic it is. I had it last year and we did OK against them. Eat their food, devour their team. Is it me, or are there two ex-Nats in the line-up?

54. A DC Wonk - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Sec. 3, My Rocking Fire Sofa said… There you go again, Wonk, bringing context and reason to a perfectly good Internet discussion.Yeah . . . hard-to-break habit of mine.(Thus, the name ;-) )

55. NatsLady - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Heading over to SEC 307 if anyine wants to say hello.

56. Old Wino - Apr 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Everyone relax. Great manager, great talent. It's gonna work out. Relax. Cheer! It's gonna be a fun 162 game ride. Be fans! Wish for sweep. But in the end, have fun. You're a fan. Relax.

57. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM

So far this game's being played like everyone's got a train to catch.

58. Scott Margenau - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM

espi SO. I hope last night wasn't just a fluke…. (it was his birthday after all)He wasn't even close.

59. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Oh my, Corky Miller's mustache. Dear god.

60. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I still like Espi's defense and approve of him playing tonight (I know, people totally care about my approval!), but the danger of him having a sensational outing is that he goes for the big swing in the next game, I think.

61. peric - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I would still consider platooning him with Lombo, and sitting him more against RHP who have had his number.Nope, like Lombo he is a switch hitter and Danny believes left handed is his best side. You'll just have to be patient with the young players.Now, declining 33 year olds who don't hit until July because of their back is a different story. Or 4th outfielders-to-be who are about to turn 34.

62. EmDash - Apr 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Pittsburgh series is when LaRoche will start hitting, I bet.

63. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM

.154 25 Strike outs. You know Lombo can also play first base Davey?

64. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Kind of interesting … everyone except for Harper is hitting well under .300. Kind of another rationale for seeing what the other top hitting prospect Rendon can do instead of giving up on him right Davey?

65. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

If anyone not LaRoche is going to play first base, I'd bet it'll be Tyler Moore. I know you're in favor of that, of course. *g* If he's not starting Sunday, though, I'd be very surprised.

66. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Oh, Lombo. There's the arm I was worried about. He's getting better on the scoop, though.

67. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM

68. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Sorry, LaRoche isn't right physically to bend and extend to that ball. He has to catch that. When you can't hit, you better catch the ball.I don't agree with FP and Carp. Lousy throw but catchable by a GOLD GLOVE guy.

69. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Yes, if he wants to play Lombo its either in left field, second base or at first base. Lombo is clearly not an infield UTL in the major leagues.

70. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Yeah, it was off for both of them – Lombo's throw was weak and inaccurate (and with a runner who I don't think is terribly fast), and LaRoche should've been faster to get to it.

71. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Sorry, LaRoche isn't right physically to bend and extend to that ball.Maybe his back will be better in July? If you're lucky. But by then of course, thanks to Davey, the Braves might have a 20 game lead.I'm convinced its time for Davey to retire.

72. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM

EmDash, LaRoche just isn't right. I watched fatty Prince Fielder show agility this week come off the bag and make a tag play with a higher degree of difficulty!

73. Steady Eddie - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

74. Steady Eddie - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

But of course, thankfully, JZimm is totally unfazed.

75. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

peric said… I'm convinced its time for Davey to retire. April 26, 2013 8:12 PM ________________________________I can't see it as Davey's fault if these players have to be honest. It was obvious RZ was hobbled with the shoulder + the leg and he waited to come clean before the inevitable DL.LaRoche just isn't extending well away from his body. Again, I'm not a Doctor and we all know ALR isn't the most athletic but if he's hurting, do the noble thing and speak up.

76. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

LaRoche has made a number of good plays, too. His back may be a major hindrance for him, but I don't know if that's for sure.

77. Steady Eddie - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM

JZimm is freakin' unreal tonight. Competing big-time with Gio.Now let's see what the fee-nom can do next.Baseball is fun again!

78. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Steady Eddie said… Gonat — While I agree it was catchable, he had to leave the base to get it, so it didn't really matter that he didn't catch it. April 26, 2013 8:15 PM ________________________________It was a really bad throw but was thrown soft enough to give enough reaction time. The blame is ultimately on Lombo but LaRoche is here as the "Gold Glove" first and foremost or they would have retained Michael Morse IMHO.

79. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

This is a 4 game series. Nats need to work Homer Bailey better and get quickly into their bullpen.

80. Steady Eddie - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Span gets onleadoff — AND the Tigers are up on the Barves 5-0 in the 5th on Majolm!

81. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Lombo OBP now at .297.

82. peric - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It was obvious RZ was hobbled with the shoulder + the leg and he waited to come clean before the inevitable DL.LaRoche just isn't extending well away from his body. Again, I'm not a Doctor and we all know ALR isn't the most athletic but if he's hurting, do the noble thing and speak up..And this is precisely why you play Rendon until he adjusts just like he did with Harper. Otherwise, if you don't want him send Rendon to Syracuse. It will be better for him to be with a manager who will play him every day as instructed by the GM. IN FACT they should do that with Tyler Moore (T-Mo peeps not TyMo). But, if that happens? Davey won't be asked back next season as the Nats manager and you can take that to the bank.

83. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I don't know if I can blame them for not working Homer Bailey – he's throwing a lot of strikes and not missing very much, like Jordan. Very sharp. Getting in long counts on someone working that sharp isn't necessarily productive. Usually I'm all for patience, but this case it may not be the best idea.

84. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Running was probably a mistake, there. Not sure if it was Span's call or Jewett's.

85. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM

…I think Davey's already been not asked back, no? And I don't think it's necessarily his call whether Rendon's kept up or not; nothing Rizzo's said indicates he's pushing to keep him here.

86. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

JZ is at 66 pitches through 7 innings. Holy cow.

87. Gonat - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM

EmDash, 2 innings ago it was a 6 pitch inning with Danny, Zuk and JZ swinging early.Just saying in 4 game series it helps to wear them down. I have to jump in the car. I was at Bowie to watch Wilson Ramos! A few Nats fans there.

88. Will - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Adam LaRoche is a liability.Start Moore.

89. slidell2 - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I think Adam needs a mental health day.

90. Ghost Of Steve M. - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Werth with the leadoff hit and erased on the twin killing. I won't mention the batter. There goes that potential rally.

91. Will - Apr 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM

There's more to LaRoche than just a slump. He's been abysmal now for a week. When was the last time he hit the ball out of the infield.Between all those strikeouts and grounders, he's giving the team absolutely no chance. I wish Davey was a bit more inclined to give the youngsters more chances.

92. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Are they taking JZimm out? That's a shame. I'd really like to see him get the shutout.

93. Ghost Of Steve M. - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Will, he did have that 3 run homer in NY but it also wasn't crushed and in the old CitiField configuration would have been a flyout.

94. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Oh, nevermind. They confused me showing Stammen. Looks like Zimm will be batting for himself.

95. Ghost Of Steve M. - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Suzuki's BA is on a nosedive. .239 Over use?

96. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Could be. He's taken a bit of a beating back there lately.

97. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Back there = behind the plate, I mean…

98. Scott Margenau - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Laroche is killing us.

99. Ghost Of Steve M. - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM

OH MY G! That was perfection! Jordan Zimmermann!

100. Ghost Of Steve M. - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I have to say that was the best pitching performance in Nationals history!

101. EmDash - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM

That was spectacular. Love Jordan.

102. Anna Peregrina - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Per the request of MicheleS: WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

103. natsfan1a - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Was I supposed to untuck? Because I was so enthralled by the game that I neglected to do so. Also, I would have posted sooner, but I was trapped in the basement baseball viewing lair with a snuggly kitty in my lap.

104. natsfan1a - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM

It was real. And it was spectacular. What?EmDash said… That was spectacular. Love Jordan. April 26, 2013 9:16 PM

105. natsfan1a - Apr 27, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Also, his, er, avoirdupois. I was telling my husband that if he was still in the game when Broxton took the mound, you'd have the "roll out the barrel" battery.EmDash said… Oh my, Corky Miller's mustache. Dear god. April 26, 2013 7:33 PM

106. natsfan1a - Apr 27, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Oh, and nice moniker, sec3. :-)

107. Daylos - Apr 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Mighty nice of the Braves to forget their wakeup call today. Maholm got torched by the Tigers tonight and Medlen has been hittable at times. They did a lot on the offensive side of the ball last off season, but I'm convinced that starting pitching is going to be their downfall this year. I wondering how many collars are getting a little tighter now that they've lost 5 of 6 and are slipping back to the pack?

108. Daylos - Apr 27, 2013 at 2:21 AM

wonder*

109. Scott Margenau - Apr 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Great win but no offense again. TyMo for laroche for a spell. Let Rendon play and platoon who's hot between espi and Lombo at 2nd. I'd be very very happy with that. even Peric could live with that…And this LRLR stuff is a myth too many factors come into play to get into the actual statistics.

110. JaneB - Apr 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM

May the Braves collars keep getting tighter and tighter while our pitchers rock fire. Or whatever.