Apr 26, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann tries to lead the Nats to a second straight win over the Reds.
Both Davey Johnson and Mike Rizzo have said — and re-iterated yesterday — that Anthony Rendon needs to play every day, whether in the big leagues or the minor leagues. Well, after last night's new-look lineup produced eight runs, Davey Johnson wasn't about to make another change.
So Steve Lombardozzi stays at third base, and Danny Espinosa (who homered and doubled on his birthday) stays at second base. That leaves Rendon on the bench for the second straight night, not an ideal scenario for the top prospect.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the start, hoping to take a cue from Gio Gonzalez last night and attack this potent Cincinnati lineup, record some quick outs and pitch deep into the night. He'll be opposed by fellow right-hander Homer Bailey, who shut out the Nationals over six innings three weeks ago.
Updates to come…
CINCINNATI REDS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
3B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?