Apr 27, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
The Nats are coming off back-to-back one-hitters against the third highest scoring offense in the majors. Today they send Dan Haren (1-3, 7.36 ERA) to the hill who made his Nationals debut against the very same Reds earlier this season, allowing six earned runs in four innings out in Cincinnati.
Back in Washington's lineup is Anthony Rendon who will play third base and bat seventh. Danny Espinosa is hitting second as Steve Lombardozzi gets a rest. Everything else is pretty much as expected.
The Reds will pitch Mike Leake (1-0, 3.81 ERA), a former 8th overall pick. Leake has faced the Nationals seven different times in his young career, allowing 23 earned runs in 39 1/3 innings (a 5.26 ERA. After seeing their offense take a step back last night, maybe the Nats can get things going again against a guy they have been able to bat around in the past.
Updates to come…
CINCINNATI REDS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Sunny, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind