Apr 27, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
The Nats are coming off back-to-back one-hitters against the third highest scoring offense in the majors. Today they send Dan Haren (1-3, 7.36 ERA) to the hill who made his Nationals debut against the very same Reds earlier this season, allowing six earned runs in four innings out in Cincinnati.
Back in Washington's lineup is Anthony Rendon who will play third base and bat seventh. Danny Espinosa is hitting second as Steve Lombardozzi gets a rest. Everything else is pretty much as expected.
The Reds will pitch Mike Leake (1-0, 3.81 ERA), a former 8th overall pick. Leake has faced the Nationals seven different times in his young career, allowing 23 earned runs in 39 1/3 innings (a 5.26 ERA. After seeing their offense take a step back last night, maybe the Nats can get things going again against a guy they have been able to bat around in the past.
Updates to come…
CINCINNATI REDS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Sunny, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall