May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper and the Nats are hitting a collective .234, 13th in the NL.
ATLANTA — A disappointing April for the Nationals is now over, and not a moment too soon for a club that just wants to get itself on track and forget about the erratic month of baseball it just played.
But before we completely turn our attention to May, let's take one last look back at April. Specifically, how the Nationals fared in relation to the rest of the National League in a host of statistical categories.
A quick glance at these rankings suggests the Nats haven't been especially good at any one thing (though the fact their rotation ranks fourth in quality starts is a bit surprising given the overall numbers). What is striking is how much the lineup has struggled, and (even more shocking) how atrocious the defense has been. (Even though the club's Ultimate Zone Rating is strong.)
Let's break down the numbers after one month of play…
Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?