May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper and the Nats are hitting a collective .234, 13th in the NL.
ATLANTA — A disappointing April for the Nationals is now over, and not a moment too soon for a club that just wants to get itself on track and forget about the erratic month of baseball it just played.
But before we completely turn our attention to May, let's take one last look back at April. Specifically, how the Nationals fared in relation to the rest of the National League in a host of statistical categories.
A quick glance at these rankings suggests the Nats haven't been especially good at any one thing (though the fact their rotation ranks fourth in quality starts is a bit surprising given the overall numbers). What is striking is how much the lineup has struggled, and (even more shocking) how atrocious the defense has been. (Even though the club's Ultimate Zone Rating is strong.)
Let's break down the numbers after one month of play…
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?