May 1, 2013, 1:42 AM EST
Bryce Harper tips Tim Hudson's fifth-inning drive over the fence.
Game in a nutshell: In a word: Ugly. Hoping to bounce back after a tough loss last night, the Nationals laid an egg to their chief NL East rivals, right from the start. Gio Gonzalez was rocked for five runs and lasted only four innings. Tim Hudson, meanwhile, cruised yet again against a Nationals franchise he has now beaten 16 times in his career (most of any opposing franchise). This one was extra special for the veteran right-hander, who recorded his 200th win in the process. He even connected for his third career homer, with an assist from Bryce Harper, who leaped at the wall to try to snag Hudson's fifth-inning drive but only wound up deflecting the ball over the fence. Losers of three straight, the Nationals fell back below the .500 mark (13-14) and now have dropped nine consecutive games to Atlanta, dating back to last season.
Hitting lowlight: Take your pick in this department, but let's point out the lowest of the lows on a night full of lows: The bottom of the seventh inning. Ian Desmond actually led off with a triple into theRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?