May 2, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to salvage a four-game series split tonight at Turner Field.
ATLANTA — A win tonight would salvage this series against the Braves, resulting in a four-game split and keeping the Nationals above .500 as they head to Pittsburgh to conclude the road trip. But it'll be a real challenge for them pull that off.
We're still waiting to see tonight's lineup, but it's not expected to include Bryce Harper (who had to leave last night's game with a bruised left side, an injury originally suffered Tuesday when he slammed into the right field fence). And we don't know if Jayson Werth will be included, either, though he seemed to think yesterday he could return from his ankle and hamstring injuries.
Dan Haren, meanwhile, takes the mound, hoping to build off his solid start over the weekend against the Reds. If Haren does struggle, the Nationals bullpen certainly is fresh, with only Rafael Soriano having been needed during last night's 2-0 win.
Will post the lineup as soon as it comes out, so please check back. [UPDATE AT 5:30 P.M. — Harper and Werth are both tentatively starting, provided they get through batting practice with no problems.]
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WNEW (99.1 FM), XM 89
Weather: Cloudy, 69 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from RF
CF Denard Span
2B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays