May 2, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
By Steve Roney
Talk about the difference a year makes in Boston — one season after their worst finish in 50 years, the Red Sox own baseball's best record, and sit at No. 2 in our weekly power rankings. Here's how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase Hughes, and I see the rest of the league shaking out.
1. Atlanta Braves (17-10; LW: 1) Zuckerman – Freeman's return has bolstered an already good lineup, and McCann is about to return as well.
2. Boston Red Sox (19-8; LW: 4) Zuckerman – Amazing how John Farrell has helped change the culture so quickly at Fenway Park. They look legit.
3. Texas Rangers (17-10; LW: 2) Hughes – In a span of two years they let go of C.J. Wilson, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, and Michael Young yet they still keep on winning. Never bet against Jon Daniels and the Rangers' front office.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence