May 2, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
By Steve Roney
Talk about the difference a year makes in Boston — one season after their worst finish in 50 years, the Red Sox own baseball's best record, and sit at No. 2 in our weekly power rankings. Here's how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase Hughes, and I see the rest of the league shaking out.
1. Atlanta Braves (17-10; LW: 1) Zuckerman – Freeman's return has bolstered an already good lineup, and McCann is about to return as well.
2. Boston Red Sox (19-8; LW: 4) Zuckerman – Amazing how John Farrell has helped change the culture so quickly at Fenway Park. They look legit.
3. Texas Rangers (17-10; LW: 2) Hughes – In a span of two years they let go of C.J. Wilson, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, and Michael Young yet they still keep on winning. Never bet against Jon Daniels and the Rangers' front office.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers