May 2, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
By Steve Roney
Talk about the difference a year makes in Boston — one season after their worst finish in 50 years, the Red Sox own baseball's best record, and sit at No. 2 in our weekly power rankings. Here's how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase Hughes, and I see the rest of the league shaking out.
1. Atlanta Braves (17-10; LW: 1) Zuckerman – Freeman's return has bolstered an already good lineup, and McCann is about to return as well.
2. Boston Red Sox (19-8; LW: 4) Zuckerman – Amazing how John Farrell has helped change the culture so quickly at Fenway Park. They look legit.
3. Texas Rangers (17-10; LW: 2) Hughes – In a span of two years they let go of C.J. Wilson, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, and Michael Young yet they still keep on winning. Never bet against Jon Daniels and the Rangers' front office.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman