May 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
ATLANTA — After making it through last night's game at Class A Potomac with no problems, Ryan Zimmerman is set to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals lineup tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
Zimmerman, out since April 18 with a strained left hamstring, went 0-for-3 and reached on an error while on rehab at Potomac, playing six innings in the field without reporting any problems.
It was Zimmerman's only appearance on the rehab assignment — he was scratched from the lineup Tuesday night due to wet grounds at Pfitzner Stadium — but the Nationals aren't concerned he needs more at-bats before returning to the big leagues.
"I'm not concerned about him even playing," manager Davey Johnson said. "I think last year he did a stint on the DL, and heRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman