May 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
ATLANTA — After making it through last night's game at Class A Potomac with no problems, Ryan Zimmerman is set to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals lineup tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
Zimmerman, out since April 18 with a strained left hamstring, went 0-for-3 and reached on an error while on rehab at Potomac, playing six innings in the field without reporting any problems.
It was Zimmerman's only appearance on the rehab assignment — he was scratched from the lineup Tuesday night due to wet grounds at Pfitzner Stadium — but the Nationals aren't concerned he needs more at-bats before returning to the big leagues.
"I'm not concerned about him even playing," manager Davey Johnson said. "I think last year he did a stint on the DL, and heRead more »
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect