May 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
ATLANTA — After making it through last night's game at Class A Potomac with no problems, Ryan Zimmerman is set to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals lineup tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
Zimmerman, out since April 18 with a strained left hamstring, went 0-for-3 and reached on an error while on rehab at Potomac, playing six innings in the field without reporting any problems.
It was Zimmerman's only appearance on the rehab assignment — he was scratched from the lineup Tuesday night due to wet grounds at Pfitzner Stadium — but the Nationals aren't concerned he needs more at-bats before returning to the big leagues.
"I'm not concerned about him even playing," manager Davey Johnson said. "I think last year he did a stint on the DL, and heRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base