May 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
ATLANTA — After making it through last night's game at Class A Potomac with no problems, Ryan Zimmerman is set to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals lineup tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
Zimmerman, out since April 18 with a strained left hamstring, went 0-for-3 and reached on an error while on rehab at Potomac, playing six innings in the field without reporting any problems.
It was Zimmerman's only appearance on the rehab assignment — he was scratched from the lineup Tuesday night due to wet grounds at Pfitzner Stadium — but the Nationals aren't concerned he needs more at-bats before returning to the big leagues.
"I'm not concerned about him even playing," manager Davey Johnson said. "I think last year he did a stint on the DL, and heRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove