May 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon went 6-for-25 in eight games with the Nationals.
ATLANTA — Ryan Zimmerman's return from a hamstring strain brings to an end Anthony Rendon's first big-league stint. After filling in at third base for the last two weeks, the organization's top prospect is headed back to Class AA Harrisburg to continue his development.
Rendon returns to the minors having struggled at times, both at the plate and in the field, but he finished strong with a 2-for-3 performance last night against the Braves and clearly looked more and more comfortable with each day he spent in the majors.
That should pay dividends down the road when Rendon gets the call again, perhaps for good.
"Oh, I think it's gonna make a great difference, if I do happen to come back," he said. "Your comfortability is going to be a lot higher now. The more things you do, the more ABs you get, the moreRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes