May 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon went 6-for-25 in eight games with the Nationals.
ATLANTA — Ryan Zimmerman's return from a hamstring strain brings to an end Anthony Rendon's first big-league stint. After filling in at third base for the last two weeks, the organization's top prospect is headed back to Class AA Harrisburg to continue his development.
Rendon returns to the minors having struggled at times, both at the plate and in the field, but he finished strong with a 2-for-3 performance last night against the Braves and clearly looked more and more comfortable with each day he spent in the majors.
That should pay dividends down the road when Rendon gets the call again, perhaps for good.
"Oh, I think it's gonna make a great difference, if I do happen to come back," he said. "Your comfortability is going to be a lot higher now. The more things you do, the more ABs you get, the moreRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup